Have you been looking for an alternative to creating your own blog?
Check out this LinkedIn Idea on this video by Matthew Ferrara
The following is from the recent IAR Talking Points:
Now is a good time to sell a home.
• Low interest rates, coupled with price declines give trade-up buyers a unique opportunity
to take advantage of market conditions. What an owner may lose on the sell side can be
more than recovered on the buy side.
• In some markets, prices have begun to rise, however, sellers should not expect explosive
growth in home values.
• A return to the traditional 3-5 percent annual home price appreciation rate is likely by
next year. However, this is a national average and local markets vary widely. It’s best to
consult a REALTOR® for the most accurate local market conditions and to help you set
the right selling price.
• To sell quickly, make sure your home carries a compelling price, not just a comparable
Homeownership continues to be one of the best financial investments.
• Most Americans still believe buying a home is a good investment. Nine out of 10
consumers consider home ownership to be a sound financial decision.
• Given the leverage in purchasing a home, the average return on a 5 percent down
payment over 10 years is usually three to five times greater than stock market returns.
• If you bought a house 10 years ago, it would be worth almost 27 percent more today.
• Real estate has delivered the best return of any investment over the last 40 years.
• The typical homeowner’s net worth ($205,200) was 49 times that of the typical renter
($4,200) in 2008, according to NAR calculations using statistics from the Federal